[tahoe-dev] dev workflow: how to go from a patch to its review?

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Mon Nov 19 04:29:38 UTC 2012

On 18/11/12 13:51, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I'm reviewing the patches for #1818. This is a big step in
> LeastAuthority.com's work for DARPA on Redundant Array of Independent
> Clouds!
>
> Along the way, I happened to look at this recent patch, even though it
> isn't actually part of #1818:
>
> https://github.com/davidsarah/tahoe-lafs/commit/12e30c6e923f4ad4d93df9ec8c0468113fbd4984
>
> As I've mentioned in the comments on that patch on github, I'd like to
> be able to tell if a given patch was reviewed, and if it was to find
> the review notes. I think there are some parts of that patch that are
> either bugs or at least insufficiently documented to explain to *me*
> why they are good changes.

I commented on those; they aren't bugs.

I viewed these particular changes as low-risk because changes to the content
of Zope interfaces don't affect the run-time behaviour, and because they are
checked by an automated tool ('make check-interfaces'), so it's easy to see
whether they are correct. But if you think that should still require review,
I'll take note of that in future. I usually file tickets for things that require
review, if I can't ask someone on IRC to review it immediately.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥