[tahoe-dev] newbie question

Two Spirit twospirit6905 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:59:00 UTC 2012

And people do what they are expected to do? I can't speak for the rest of
the world, but yea, I guess there are a lot of  "users" like myself who run
as root and have no clue what we are doing.  My experience with file
systems is that you have to run as root for any file system stuff. I'm sure
there are a lot of people who share my background.

My idea was a one sentance, standard WARNING disclaimer indicating
1) this should be done as a non-root user or
2) this doesn't need to be done as root
somewhere in the running.rst maybe before the first command 'To construct a
client node, run "tahoe create-client"....'

Another hint that might have helped me would be if there were actual
command line examples showing the commands run with a '$' as the prompt (
instead of '#' ), this might have tipped me off that these are user level
commands.
like