[tahoe-dev] newbie question

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Jul 31 02:06:04 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-31 4:51 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> If it were Java it wouldn't be portable.
>
> I think a complaint about use of python is unfair.  But the 'users are
> regularly confronted with backtraces' is a totally valid complaint.

Every product I have seen that relies on python is hell to install, and
requires users to have some developer skills.

I do not know why this is so.  I am told that there is no problem
building installable python programs, and python itself has a nice
install, so there should be no inherent reason why python based products
should have hellish installs, but usually they do.