[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs-trac-stream] [tahoe-lafs] #1988: don't stop the process if you can't execute "ifconfig" or "route.exe"

Randall Mason clashthebunny at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 14:33:37 UTC 2013

I would like to see this changed to something more cross platform.  There
is a python module (that requires compilation) that is available that does
this exact thing:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/netifaces/

It does the same thing as the connect to the A nameserver that we do, but
it also has the different systems' specific getifaddrs functions set up.

In adding IPv6 support I had to change this function greatly and it isn't
totally working yet in Twisted's implementation of IPv6 UDP connect, so
something that works on more things with more supported protocols would be
great.

Randall Mason
clashthebunny at gmail.com