[tahoe-dev] Fwd: I put py-zfec on github

Richard Kiss him at richardkiss.com
Sat Jun 8 06:43:24 UTC 2013

Recently I'd been looking for ways to do M of N split on the command-line
as part of a larger security project. I found py-zfec and found a debian
for it. But it doesn't install properly, in part because of a dependency on
pyutil. I understand this dependency probably evolved since tahoe-lafs uses
pyutil a lot and that's the primary use case for py-zfec. So I took a
snapshot from darcs, tweaked it to remove the dependency on pyutil and
pushed it to:

https://github.com/richardkiss/py-zfec

You may want to integrate my changes back to py-zfec. I think py-zfec has
huge utility in its own right as a stand-alone tool, and making it simpler
to deploy (and putting it on the github, which is pretty much today's
SF.net) will go a long ways to increasing awareness of the project.

I'm happy to try to keep things in sync manually, if further changes to
py-zfec come along.

--
http://richardkiss.com/

--