[tahoe-dev] Notes from weekly dev chat, Nov 8

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Thu Nov 8 19:18:33 UTC 2012

On 08/11/12 17:58, Andrew Miller wrote:
> Warner gave a shared his screen and gave a demonstration of
> merging/rebasing/remote-updating using git. Zooko and I need to find a
> comparably snazzy revision-graph viewer for linux.

In gitk, if you select View | New view..., enter a name such as
"All refs", then check 'Remember this view' and 'All refs' then click
Apply, you will get a view that includes all local branches, among
other useful things.

When you restart gitk it will start with the default view, but you
can now choose "All refs" from the View menu. (The set of views is
remembered per-repo.)

The currently checked-out branch is at the top. It isn't always easy
to see where the other branches are in the graph, but you can do
File | List references (F2), and clicking on a reference will take
you to that position in the graph.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥