[tahoe-dev] 回复: Re: hello

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Tue Nov 6 17:32:45 UTC 2012

On 03/11/12 03:29, han zheng wrote:
> Thank you, just as you said, I wrote some python code like this(test.py):
> if __name__ == "__main__":
>     c = client.Client("/home/nick/.tahoe")
>     uploader = c.getServiceNamed("uploader")
>     uploadable = FileName("/home/nick/test.tar.gz",None)
>     d = uploader.upload(uploadable)
>     d.addCallback(printSuccess)
>     d.addErrback(printError)
>
>     reactor.callLater(10,reactor.stop)
>     reactor.run()
>
> When I ran "python test.py"(the file located in "/home/nick/.tahoe"), there was an Failure
> instance like this: "client gave us zero servers"

The problem I think is that this code isn't waiting for a connection to the servers to
be established. That can sometimes take a minute or more. If requests are performed too
early they can fail as described in <https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/719>.

This is part of the reason why we use a gateway. If every command had to establish a
connection to all servers, the per-command overhead would be *much* higher.

--
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥