[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS on Fedora 14

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Wed Jul 4 02:29:34 UTC 2012

> So, the build runs fine on a XO 1.5. What should I be copying over to the XO-1 machine?

Well, the tahoe-lafs software itself is 100% pure Python, so it
doesn't need to be compiled. However there are several packages that
it depends on that it needs to either acquire a prebuilt binary,
either already installed (e.g. from yum), or by a ".egg" binary, or
else it will automatically compile it when needed.

So, to enable no-compile-needed installs of tahoe-lafs on the XO-1
machine (and all machines with the same operating system, machine
architecture and version of Python), we need to build the binary .eggs
necessary for whatever row of this matrix matches the XO-1:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/deps/tahoe-lafs-dep-eggs/README.html

To find out what row of that matrix matches the XO-1, run:

python -c 'import distutils.util;print
distutils.util.get_platform();import distutils.sysconfig;print
distutils.sysconfig.get_python_version()'

Regards,

Zooko