[tahoe-dev] PyCrypto build failures (was: 1.9 update: soon! Need help with PyCrypto-2.4!)

Vladimir Rusinov vladimir at greenmice.info
Mon Oct 31 07:38:14 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Zooko O'Whielacronx <zooko at zooko.com>wrote:

> Another, complementary approach would be to get someone who has
> CentOS/RHEL 5 (calling volunteers!) run "python setup.py bdist_egg",
> possibly running it twice in a row (Zancas's work-around), and then
> give us the resulting .egg file to be hosted here:
>

> https://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/deps/tahoe-lafs-dep-eggs/README.html
>
> Then the Tahoe-LAFS build system will download the pre-built egg (if
> it can reach our web server) instead of attempting to build PyCrypto
> itself.

Here they are. (built on CentOS 5 x86_64 with all latest updates)

Note: I had to run `python -c 'import setuptools; execfile("setup.py")'
bdist_egg`, because pycrypto's setup.py imports distutils and it does not
knows about bdist_egg.

Personally I had this issue, but I've fixed it by making rpm and installing
pycrypto system-wide so tahoe does not tries to build it again. spec is
attached as well (build with 'rpmbuild -bb python-crypto.spec; use at your
own risk, it's not tested).
Also, I'm working on spec files which should allow to build rpms for
tahoe-laft and its dependencies on any redhat-based distro. And I have one
related question about it: is there any way to stop tahoe build downloading
packages and fail instead - this will help packaging and tracking
dependencies (especially deep dependencies) a lot.

--
Vladimir Rusinov
http://greenmice.info/