[tahoe-dev] Benchmarks - 1.7.1 vs. 1.8.0c3

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Tue Sep 7 03:04:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Kyle Markley <kyle at arbyte.us> wrote:

> Results are wall-clock times in seconds and are legible in a monospace
> font.
>
> 1.7.1:              1      2
>  download large   86.53 115.46
>
> 1.8.0c3:            1      2
>  download large  148.01 211.20
>
> 1.7.1 is consistently faster downloading large files.

Oh say it ain't so! Upgrading to 1.8.0c3 from 1.7.1 will make your
large file downloads go about half as fast as they used to?

I really hope that this was some sort of glitch in your test rig.
Could you please re-run this experiment a dozen times or so and post
the results?

I've updated #1170 to say Alas, it appears there may be still a
critical performance regression which blocks the 1.8.0 release. :-(

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1170#comment:110

Regards,

Zooko