[tahoe-dev] usage of key file or smart card?

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Tue Nov 24 04:24:33 PST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 06:20:07PM +0100, Stefan Xenon wrote:
> A) increase the key length (e.g. AES-265)

I think that would make matters worse.  AFAIK, AES-128 is considered to
be *stronger* than AES-256 these days.  A somewhat recent summary that I
found:

  http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/07/another_new_aes.html

> or allow the choice between
> more algorithms and key lengths in general (user configured).

Difficult; the caps/urls are getting pretty long already how would you
encode this while not making them unmanageable?  Also, client support
becomes a non-trivial issue.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/